Planning is a crucial part of any hike. Always research a hike and know your limits. Always file a flight plan and let someone know about it. Just remember the 6 W’s.
- Who – Who are you going with? Never hike alone.
- What – Kind of a hike? Ridge, Waterfall, Flat,
- When – Let them know the day and the time you are starting and when you get back. DON’T FORGET to contact them when you get back before you drive them crazy
- Where – Let them know where you are going
- Why – Cause it’s fun?
- Weather – Is it clear? Rainy? Overcast?